Is it safe to swallow or drink vaginal fluid during oral sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
Hi this is XXXXXXX It is safe to swallow or drink vaginal fluid during oral sex for many years for human body. My wife is free from all STDs.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 50 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

As per there is no evidence of STDs in your wife, it appears to be safe to swallow or drink vaginal fluid.
A woman's vagina is acidic on the pH scale to counteract bacteria and other harmful invaders and it will give sour feeling on ingestion.

Vaginal secretion are under control of hormonal response and massive secretion occurs during sex and orgasm.
Its personal preference to ingest vaginal fluid or not.

She should avoid frequent washing of vagina with water and soap as this will remove protective mechanisms of female genital tract and may predispose to STDs i.e. candidiasis and others.

There also appears to be high chances of Herpes infection as virus of herpes remains in dormant condition in nerve fibres of affected site and may spread to sex partner.

In such cases, disease may spread to you.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Is it safe to swallow or drink vaginal fluid during oral sex? 10 hours later
Can My saliva cause vaginal yeast infection to my wife because of oral sex. And Can swallowing her vaginal fluid cause mouth yeast infection to me.
As we are husband wife and loyal to each other the risk of other STDs and STIs is almost nil whether we perform oral or normal sex. Is it Correct?

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 14 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Yeast or candidiasis is an opportunistic infection caused by a normal commensal fungus "Candida albicans".
This fungus gets activated by breech in immune system.
Frequent washing with water and soap may cause proliferation of candida.
As both of you are loyal, there appears to be least possibility of precipitation of yeast infection.
Keep enjoying,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Is it safe to swallow or drink vaginal fluid during oral sex? 1 hour later
Can I swallow vaginal fluid of my pregnant wife. If yes then for how much time from pregnancy.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 40 minutes later
Yes, you can take vaginal fluid but as such no studies regarding time duration is available.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Is it safe to swallow or drink vaginal fluid during oral sex? 28 hours later
We want to perform oral sex forever without any protection. Especially I want to perform oral sex on her. May this cause any XXXXXXX problem in future? If we both maintain hygiene.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 4 hours later
It appears safe in present status but its very difficult to predict for the future.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava