Is it safe to swallow a glass piece accidentally during pregnancy?

I am pregnant 30 weeks and yesterday i swaolled a very small piece of glass particles it it safe hope it wont hurt my baby, the particiles were very very small, i guess the glass was broken, hope they dont enter the baby i am worried , i have no pain in my stomach , its just that i am worried please guide
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: no harm to the baby Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, I have read your query thoroughly. The glass particles that you swallowed were very very small. Please relax; these cannot reach the blood of foetus or the baby. It would be filtered within you itself. Most likely you have passed the glass particles in your stools by now. Nothing to worry about. Neither would it reach the baby nor would it cause any harm to the baby. Hope this allays your worry. Enjoy your pregnancy :) Regards,
Follow-up: Is it safe to swallow a glass piece accidentally during pregnancy? 1 hour later
One more thing i dont know piece was small slighly bigger thanks just one last request its impossible right that the glass piece can reach the cord in any formsorry might be a stupid question just was worried thanks for your god wishes a
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: almost impossible Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, It is almost impossible for the glass piece to reach the cord, and cause harm to the baby. Please relax and let go of the worry. Take care!