Is it safe to stop Suboxine and naloxone combination treatment?

Hi, my husband just went through detox for alcohol and opiode. They put him on suboxnine, which he has come to the end of what they gave him. He is supposed to continue on the low dose for 60 more days, but we had to move in with family, in a new area and we are having trouble getting into the correct doctor. (Insurance issues) What do you recommend to do next? he has an appointment with a psychologist next week.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Its not safe Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Stopping Suboxine a buprenorphine and naloxone combination is not safe. The effect of detox by it may not be effective if the low dose tapering is not done. I suggest you to consult any for the nearby Psychiatrist on an outpatient basis and get the prescription soon. Meanwhile I suggest him to maintain good hydration. Regards,