Is it safe to put baby powder and vagina sprays on vagina after getting rid of yeast infection?

is it good to put baby powder or those vagina sprays on your vagina area after getting rid of a yeast infection? I am so scared of everything now. And if not what can I use down there?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 15 days later
Brief Answer: no need except keep area dry & use cotton ug Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX Welcome to health care magic. If you have recovered fully from fungal infection in the vaginal area then there is practically no need to put any vaginal spray or sprinkle any baby powder down there. The only thing you require is to keep the vaginal area clean and dry, use cotton under garments which will protect the area from moisture which is a very common problem related to frequent fungal infections. If you have excessive secretions down there you may use sanitary pad for the same but unnecessary powders and exposure to chemical is not indicated. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.