Is it safe to lift weights when on Valtrex for shingles?

I am taking Valtrex for Shingles and just took my first pill. Can I still lift weights and work our vigorously during my treatment?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: If you can manage well sir, then no issues Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. While on Valtrex (valacyclovir) you may feel slightly lethargic and exhausted which is why rest is advised, but if you can manage to go about vigorous exercise and have enough energy to go about your daily routine as well; then I don't think there should be any problem to do so during your treatment. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.