Is it safe to let a young child drink bottled water?

Is it safe to let a young child (2 years old) drink bottled water? We have well water and I have been using bottled water since she was a baby and concerned regarding BPA. Also, is it better to have her drink from stainless steel cups or BPA free cups, is there a health difference? And I do not give my child flouride at all, I am assuming she is getting some from the 4oz of juice I mix in her water throughout the day, is this enough for her?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 8 hours later

Bisphenol or BPA can harm only if you are heating the bottles or boiling them or getting them in microwave or dishwasher. Therefore, if not used for any above, non-BPA bottles will do.
Well water is not a problem.

Well water may contain fluoride you need to get it tested. Fluoridated water bottles may also be available. You may start using fluoridated toothpaste too.

Any one of these measures is enough.

Juice or milk, look for fluorine content on pack.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Feel free to write back.

Thank you.
Follow-up: Is it safe to let a young child drink bottled water? 22 minutes later
Thank you. So I had been recently heating up my child's food in microwave bowls that are BPA and PVC free. Could this still be harmful?
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 12 hours later
Hi again
If the bottle is bpa freeā€¦ then whether you boil or microwave is immaterial is considered safe. Bottles that are not bpa free may become toxic.