Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken?

Question
Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy??
What are the precaution needs to be taked during pregnancy??
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
I would advise against taking Zolfresh in pregnancy.Adequate studies are not available that proves that has no side effects on the fetus.
Continue the regular check ups and follow your doctor's advice.If all your reports are normal then you need not worry. Keep a good diet and get moderate amount of exercise.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 2 days later
Can a baby born in 24 week and survive. Because I am not having proper sleep (2-3 hours sleep) and become anxious. Some time I take zolfresh 5 mg.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Extra uterine survival at 24 weeks is almost nil to poor depending on the the NICU set up.Even with the best of care, prognosis is poor.

I suggest you stop taking zolfresh.Consult a therapist for behaviourial therapies to help you sleep. Sometimes in such cases,therapy works well.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 20 hours later
Would less sleeping hour affect on unborn baby?? What is the minimum duration to born a child?? My current BP is 110/70 & weight is 57 Kg. Is it ok??My lamp date is 10 Nov 2011. Which week is running on?? As per sunography it shows 25th week whereas according to lamp its 24th week .I have 2-3 hours sleep at night but have no physical issue. Suggest me some remedy for good sleep.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 hours later
You should at least get 5 hrs of sleep per day. You need to seek the help of a therapist who can give you some breathing exercises etc to help you sleep.
You gestational age is 25 weeks odd. Your vitals are stable and within normal limits.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 20 days later
Yesterday, I did the diagnosis & in my report, it was found that my hemoglobin (Hb) is 11.5, PLC is 0000 & platelets is 1.59 lakh / cumm. As per the result , PLC is on higher side. Is there any adverse effect of it ??? As I am 26 week pregnant, doctor recommended me to take zolfresh 05 mg, Should I take it???

By 'PLC' i assume you mean TLC i,e, total leucocyte count. 13,600 is on the higher side. That may mean that there could be an infective foci somewhere in the body.Do you have any infections at present,or have you have any infections recently?
I dont understand why zolfresh would be advised for a high TLC. I would still,advise against taking zolfresh in pregnancy.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 15 hours later
I am isonic person & I am not able to sleep at Night & day time. Doctor recommended me zolfresh 05 mg to take every night. Should I take it??? If not then what would be the other option - as I am 26 week pregnant.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 hours later
No sedative is recommended on long term basis in pregnancy. You can take alprazolam 0.25mg at night but not on a regular basis.Try behaviourial therapies or relaxation exercises for sleep.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 14 days later
Is a baby survive at 30th week of delivery??? What would be the safe delivery week of a baby?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Delivery before 37 weeks is considered premature.Whether the baby will survive if delivered earlier depends on various factors including why the baby was delivered prematurely.A first class neonatal setup might help in premature deliveries but the ultimate outcome will depend on many factors including the labour process.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 46 hours later
Gaby lamp is 30 weeks one day & by ultrasound 29 weeks 06 days but in my previous record my gestational age by ultrasound was always more but after completing 07 months it shows two days less than the lamp. Is everything ok???

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later
Every thing is ok.There is always a difference between ultrasound dates as the pregnancy progresses.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 12 hours later
GA BY LAMP 30 WEKS01DAY.USAFL 5.67CM AC 25.65CM FETAL WEIGHT 1461GRAM BPD 7.49 XXXXXXX BY U/S 29 WKS6DAY. DONE IN LUCKNOW EARLIER ALL USA DONE IN BAGALORE. THERE MY U/S DATE WAS ALWAYS MORE THAN LAMP DATE.IS RESULT VARY FROM MACHINE TO MACHINE (SOFTWARE) IAM ISOMNIC PATIENT PATIENT( UNDER THE OBSERVATION OF PSY RECOMMENDED ME ZOL FRESH) IS THERE ANY RELATION BECAUSE OF THAT.
effective fetal percentile is 27.7 as per it is considered normal fl 5.67cm
ac 25.65cm fetus weight is 1461+-213gm is my report normal

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 hours later
Your report is normal.The dates are pretty accurate.Results differ from observer to observer.Nothing to worry about at present.Report is normal.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 18 days later
Is blood pressure 130/80 normal for week no. 33 at the time of pregnancy???

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Yes its normal.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 1 hour later
blood pressure is 130/80 at 33 week of pregnancy. is it in normal limit should any medication is required.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Its normal.No medicines required at present.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 14 hours later
My BP is 130/80. How to overcome from high BP to make it normal BP upto 120/80??Should I take less salt to make BP normal?? Fetal heart rate 140 / min. Is it ok?? What should be the weight of fetal at week 33?? Is delivery at week 34 safe??

Your bp is absolutely normal.You can take a salt restricted diet.
The fetal heart rate is also normal.It will be better to deliver after 36 weeks.Fetal weight will depend on various factors.But it should be at least 2 kgs.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 3 days later
T.L.C IS 0000. MY REPORT SHOWS CELL OFWBC SHOWS LELEOKOCYTOSIS. WHAT SHOULD I DO. MY DOCTOR SAID IT IS NORMAL IN PREGNANCY. 33WEEK PREGNANT

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
The total count is slightly higher than normal but yes,its true that it increases slightly during pregnancy.Nothing needs to be done as yet.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 13 hours later
HB is 10.9 & BLC is 0000. Is any medication is required??? How do I confirm that fetal weight is increasing without ultrasound??? I have already done seven ultrasound & last ultrasound was done on 08th XXXXXXX My weight is increasing. Advice me some nutrishies diet. After completing seven month fetal weight is 1KG & 461 gram. Now, it is near about to complete eight months. How do I know fetal weight is increasing??
Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 2 minutes later

Your lab reports are all normal.No medication is required.If your weight is increasing then that's a good sign.The best way to detect if the fetal growth is adequate is by clinical examination and ultrasound.So far your usg is normal.Please rely on your doctor for the best antenatal care.High protein diet is recommended.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 7 days later
GA FROM LAMP 34 WEEKS & 05 DAYS, FETAL VESTATIONAL GROWTH SIZE IS 33 WEEKS & 06 DAYS, AC IS 29.2 CM, PLACENTA IS FUNDO POSTERIOR & GRADE 3 MATURITY. FETUS WEIGHT IS 2,240 GRAMS +- 325 GRAM. IS UNLTRASOUND REPORT IS NORMAL?? CAN A BABY BE DELIVERED AT THIS POINT??? MY DATE IS 06 DAYS BEHIND THE LAMP BUT DOCTOR SAYS IT IS NORMAL DURING LATE PREGNANCY. WHAT IS A IDIAL WEIGHT TO DELIVER A BABY???

The usg report is fine.Delivery at this point of gestation is not recommended unless its an emergency.Baby should be at least 2.5kgs by term.You dates are fine and you doctor is absolutely correct.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 13 minutes later
THE DOCTOR HAS GIVEN ME 20 JULY FOR C SECTION. IS IT OK??WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GAIN FETUS WEIGHT WITH IN ONE WEEK???IF IS MY PLACENTA WILL BRAKE I HAVE TO DELIVER THE BABY. IS IT REQUIRED TO KEEP BABY UNDER VENTILATOR??

If you doctor has given the date then its fine.Just eat healthy but not much difference will be seen in just 1 week.Your baby might need the ventilator but that will depend on the condition is the baby after deliver.Its not possible to say positively at this point.But make sure that the hospital you deliver at,has a good neo-natal setup.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 22 hours later
Is 2300 gram not appropriate to deliver a baby??? I have some sleeping problem. So, I wish to deliver on 20th July'12. PLease suggest me.It is essential to keep baby under ventilator.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 hours later
After the baby is born ,if the birth weight is low,then it might develop respiratory problems.In such a case,baby has to be kept in the NICU. As i have said earlier,it cannot be confirmed until the baby is born.Personally,i wouldnt recommend delivering a fetus at 34 weeks.

Follow-up: Is it safe to intake Zolfresh 10 mg for two months pregnancy? Precaution to be taken? 9 hours later
What is the use of droppler ultrasound??? During urine examination albunnin present trates. What does it mean??

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Doppler study is done to determine whether the fetus is getting adequate blood supply.
Albumin in the urine may be present in the urine in pregnancy but high titres are present if the blood pressure is high.But trace amounts of albumin may be normally present.

What is CTG?? How do you know fetus mental growth is at right track???Doctor has recommended me CTG test. What dose it mean???

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
CTG means cardiotocography.Its done to determine whether the fetus is active and its heart rate and rhythm is normal.You can get the test done for fetal well being.Mental growth at this point can only be determined after birth.