Is it safe to indulge in sexual activity when chicken pox boils have recovered and fallen?

i had chicken pox 13 days before. doc prescribed acilvir 800 4 times and some tabs. 3 days suffered by many boils. after 4 day boils dried and become dark brown scabs . except 10-15 other scabs fallen. doctor said i am ok and can goforwork. shall i have intercouse orcan i hug and have foreplay with my wife. pls guide
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your are not infective now. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Good news is that you are not infective now , lesions are infective initially , once scabbing and crusting appears , you are usually not infective. You are most prone to spread infection 2-3 days before apperance of rash till crusting occurs. It's possible that your wife had caught the infection from you in the time period that has elapsed. That may manifest in next few days. But probably you are not infective now , you may resume your closeness again. If your wife never had chicken pox , I would advise her to get vaccinated. .I hope I am able to answer your query . If still you have any questions you may ask me