Is it safe to indulge in sex after a dog bite?

HI, my wife is bitten by dog (domestic) and on 5-shot of vaccination..Already completed 3rd one. Next is scheduled on 15th Feb and last one on 5th March..My question is can I have normal sex with my wife? Sex apart, we are used to frequent hugging, kissing etc as token of love. I fear because lot of direct bodily contact during that act...Please help us in dispelling fear and doubt..Thanks in anticipation. XXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, you can go ahead Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Yes, you can go ahead with having normal sexual life with your wife including hugging, kissing etc. It is not going to cause any harm to either of you. There is nothing to be feared about or doubt here. The rabies virus does not spread through sexual and intimate contact. Hope this clears your doubt. Please do complete the vaccination as scheduled. Wish you both a healthy life.