Is it safe to have two abortions within 5 months? History of two c-section child births

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi,
5 months back i have abortted my 4 weeks ppregnancy by medicines.again this month i am pregnentt n i dontt want to continue this ppregnancy.is it safe to go under abortion in such a short duration again?i am having 2 girls one is 5 n other is 21 months.both delivery is c section.pleaase advise.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 minutes later
Hello.

Let me explain in detail:

1) You have had 2 cesarean sections. Which means that you have very high chances of uterine rupture (Womb rupture) during pregnancy which may lead to death of mother or baby or both.
2) You getting abortion once itself was a XXXXXXX risk you took. Its good that it was safe nothing happened. But it was risky.
3) Doing abortion again will be extremely risky and life threatening for you.
4) Continuing pregnancy also will be risky. Please do it under careful observation of a qualified Gynecologist in person.
5) You should have used contraception if you didn't want to get pregnancy. Aborting repeatedly after 2 cesarean sections is XXXXXXX Please make up your mind and go for a permanent solution. Don't take too many risks like this.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Is it safe to have two abortions within 5 months? History of two c-section child births 1 hour later
thankyou for answering my query.as i am having risk in both.in keepin ppregnancy or while abortion.tell me which soluttion is on the least risk.
thankuyou

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

1) Whether you are planning to continue pregnancy or not, please consult a qualified gynecologist who will decide after examining you physically and based upon your previous 2 LSCS reports and some other tests. Risk assessment needs to be done.

2) Please undergo tubectomy which is permanent method of sterilization after abortion. Do not risk your health by repeated abortions.

In either case, do it under qualified gynecologist Supervision only.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.