Is it safe to have oral sex and what are the precautions to be followed?

Hello doctor, I wanted to know about oral sex below are few question in my mind for which would need your advice, 1 How safe is oral sex and how we can a safe oral have oral sex, 2. I am a married man and having an extramarital affair with a married woman and during making love though i use protection we often indulge in oral sex 3. As per my knowledge we are carrying with each other from almost 3 years and did not infected by any STD or any other dieases and we both are fit and fine. 4. should we refrain from doing oral sex or what are the precaution we need to take while performing oral sex. 5. what are the chances of getting affected by any disease as a result of this. Thanks in advance for your precious advice
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Answers are below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. 1) It is safe unless the partner is infected with any STDs. You can use Condom for safer Oral sex. 2) There are chances of getting infections if not used protection. 3)Well, get screened once with your treating doctor. 4)Use protection. 5)A bit more risky than Vaginal sex. Regards,