Is it safe to have intercourse with more than one person?

Question
Hello Sir/Madam
Having intercourse with two men without safety is a problem or not..

The history is i and my boyfrnd had intercourse without safety protections and had aborting medicine by consulting a doctor online now my boyfriend has left me and im engaged to another person so now im scare to have intercourse with the engaged person should i have a checkup for it. Im scare to goto Doctors also because if they will consult or not.
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry about the slight delay!

First of all, your situation is not so unusual. Most people have more that one partner. It does not sound like you got pregnant with the first partner, but it does sound like there is a concern, possibly, about sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Perhaps you are also worried about pregnancy.

This does not have to be embarrassing as a concern about potential exposure is very common. It is a great idea to go in for a check up before engaging with intercourse with your second partner. If you believe that you might have been exposed to an STD, then it is very thoughtful of you to consider getting checked out before proceeding with the second partner. The other benefit of a visit to an OB/GYN is a discussion about birth control.

So find an OB/GYN and schedule a regular exam. At that exam, ask:

1. Can I get full screening for STD's? Just explain that you think you might have been exposed in the past and want a full check-up.
2. Ask about all of your options for birth control
3. Ask for a pregnancy test

I hope this helps. If I have mis-interpreted your question or if you have additional questions, please ask!

Follow-up: Is it safe to have intercourse with more than one person? 4 hours later
Hello Sir,

Thanks a lot for answering my question.

(Just explain that you think you might have been exposed in the past and want a full check-up.) Im not clear about this question what does it mean?

Im a bit scare about consulting the Dr because some Dr's wont check if we have already taken aborting tablet. Will there be any issues like that.

Can you suggest me a OBGYN Dr for consulting at DISTRICT:Coimbatore,STATE:Tamilnadu, COUNTRY: INDIA

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 hours later
Thank you for the followup.

I am not familiar with doctors in India so I cannot help you there.

As far as having taken an abortion pill in the past, I am not sure that this even needs to be a part of the discussion with your doctor. If it is a new doctor, just say:

"I am with a new partner and I would like STD screening and a regular exam as we are thinking about children at some point in the future"

If they are going to "judge" you based on prior behavior, then either don't bring it up or find a new doctor.

Please let me know if this helps. Please take a moment to leave feedback at some point!

Follow-up: Is it safe to have intercourse with more than one person? 11 hours later
Hello Sir,

Thanks a lot for answering my question.

If we are taking a blood test for some general checkup will it show that Im already aborted.

OK if Im having an intercourse with my new partner I need my pregnancy to be postponed so for that What pills or safety recovers I have to take.

I have told my past to my fiance but I did not tell that we had intercourse so once if I go for a checkup with him that wont be a problem right.

Im sorry if Im wrong anywhere.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 minutes later
I have some questions for you before I can give you an accurate answer:

1. Were you actually pregnant?
2. How long ago did you take these medications?
3. Have you EVER had a gynecologic exam in the past?

Let me know and I will answer!

Follow-up: Is it safe to have intercourse with more than one person? 5 hours later
Actually after ten days after my intercourse i had a pregnancy test i got a tester and made a urine test at home, which showed me positive result.

After that i consulted a Dr through online and got a tablet and had that its name is Mifepristone and Misoprostal. after having tht i got my periods, the next day.Two times i took the medicine.

No I did not XXXXXXX any gynecologic in person but through online I consulted a OB GYN.

Is it wrong to take abortion pill.. Or we can have after a checkup.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 43 hours later
So you were pregnant, and you took the abortion pill which is fine. Here is what you should consider:

1. Take a home pregnancy test
2. If it is negative, then you are not pregnant
3. Schedule a visit with an OB/GYN for a "checkup" or to "establish care"
4. If you are comfortable asking, ask for STD screening as I recommended above
5. You do not need to mention the prior pregnancy unless you are comfortable - they will not know about it unless you mention it.

Good luck. Please ask if you have another question.