Is it safe to have intercourse during period?

Mar 2013
My wife has just started her periods today in the evening. Is it safe to have sex during her menstrual cycle. If yes which one you suggest..... With or without condom & wat about if I come inside her. Will she be pregnant.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.
Is is generally considered absolutely safe to have sex during the periods because there is no possibility of ovulation, and hence pregnancy.
You can definitely ejaculate inside the vagina, however, for reasons of hygiene during menses, and to avoid transmission of infection, to which a female is more prone during this time, it is better to use a condom.
There is no possibility of a pregnancy as I said earlier.
Take care and feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Is it safe to have intercourse during period? 10 hours later
Can u tell me what is the average time a healthy man has sex for. Also after my first session I get very tired and feel exhausted and I am unable to have sex the second time within 15 mins of the first one. Can u suggest some foods to gain energy before sex.
Every individuals threshold and capacity for sexual intercourse differs.
As long as you and your partner are satisfied , there is nothing to worry about.