Is it safe to have hymen reconstruction surgery?

Hi , I need to know if its safe to have hymen reconstruction surgery!
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hymen reconstruction surgery is a safe procedure and may be done under local anaesthesia as a day care surgery.
Recovery is fast and the stitches do heal completely in 2 weeks. You can go back to work even 2 days after the surgery. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Is it safe to have hymen reconstruction surgery? 10 hours later
Thank you very much for your answer.
I just need to know if the Hymen can be reconstructed after 6 years that I lost it!
and if the answer is yes I also want to know if a reconstructed hymen can be recognized later when having sex for the first time after surgery or during doctor examinations in case of any problem.
As you may know I want to this because religious believes that a woman should be virgin before marriage ,and I want to know that if it may cause such problems as I mentioned in the future I may decide not to go for the surgery.
Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes hymen can be reconstructed even after six years.
It is not recognizable while having sex later on but may be identified by a doctor during an examination. It is not likely to cause any problems.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Is it safe to have hymen reconstruction surgery? 32 minutes later
Ok then, my last question is about the things I should do after surgery for example what should I do in order to protect it against infection or if I am allowed to do sports after the surgery ...
will doing hard sports hurt the hymen again?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Observing general cleanliness measures, wearing cotton undergarments will help in preventing the infection.
Hard sports, horse riding and cycling can hurt the hymen again.
So, you have to be careful.