Is it safe to have hernia surgery at my age?
User rating for this question
yes I believe I have a hernia and I am 67 year old and wonder if medicare will take care the cost, and is the surgery is safe at my age?
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Age is not a risk factor. Better operate now Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query. Age is not at all a risk factor for hernia surgery. You have to understand only curable treatment for hernia is surgery either open or laproscopic. Thus better do surgery to avoid any complications like strangulation, infection and gangrene. Avoid lifting weight and standing for long duration. Avoid straining. Treat cough and cold immediately. Drink plenty of water and eat fiber rich foods. Please write back for further queries.
People also viewed
- Hernia surgery for large hernias
- Norflox for stomach upset
- While pooping noticed sperm
- Noise from upper stomach
- Strange noise from stomach worms
- Hernia operation and age factor
- Radioactive iodine watery nose blood
- Stomach pain numbness shivering
- Instaflex and blood pressure
- Is exploratory surgery safe for hernia
- Blood in stool irregular period
- Kft blood test interpetation
- Hernia recurrence after hernia surgery
- Blood in urine from nuvaring intercourse
- Is it safe to have hernia surgery at my age