Is it safe to have child if parents have b+ve and a-ve blood groups?

I have b +ve and my partner have a - ve, and we are willing to marry soon . sir is there is any problem in future and my partner has also thyroid problems.I also have hyper hydrosis problem and it is very difficult to handle it as i am working where i have to shake hands every time so i felt guilty, please sir give suggestion forremedy of this disease soon.and recently i am going to marry soon and my partner is 23 years old and i am scaring about our marriage life because we love each other very much . Please sir clarify my questions.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 28 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

If I have understood correctly, you have the following three doubts:
1. The issue of blood group
2. Thyroid problem of your partner
3. Excessive sweating

Blood group is not a problem at all. As your partner is A Rh negative she has to inform the doctor so that appropriate anti-D injections can be given to her as and when required during pregnancy/abortion/delivery.

You have not mentioned what thyroid problem your partner has. Hypothyroidism does not have any associated problem in pregnancy. If there is hyperthyroidism then the doctors may consider reducing or stopping the medicines and monitoring your partner during future pregnancy. The newborn will have to be screened for thyroid problems after birth. Your partner needs to be in regular follow-up with her doctor for monitoring of the thyroid hormone levels.

Excessive sweating (hyperhydrosis) is common with a lot of people and one should not get disturbed about it. Keep your hands dry by regular wiping and try to stay in a cool environment to prevent excessive sweating. You should stop feeling guilty about this.

I hope I have answered your queries to your satisfaction. These issues should not affect your married life. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.