Is it safe to have a glass of wine before IUI procedure? Will this affect follicular growth or ovulation?

Infertility Specialist
hi..i will be doing my iui it ok to have a glass of wine the night earlier..
will it lead to any problems in follicular growth or ovulation or affect the iui anyhow and reduce changes of pregnancy?

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 days later

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) You can have only wine as little as possible. One glass is also good enough. Try to limit as much as you can.

2) Though wine is not associated to interfere in any way with folliculogenesis or ovulation, it is better avoided at the time of conception. Since conception will occur after few hous of IUI, it is advisable to limit the amount you consume.

3) One glass would not affect the chances of conception with IUI. Dont have whisky or other spirits.

Go ahead and enjoy.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist