Is it safe to go for zyoptix intralase surgery for eye?

Ophthalmologist
Question
I want to go for Zyoptix\intralase surgery for eye. I want to know which one is better for 20/20. I am staying in New Thippasandra Bangalore..Could you please advice me of the good doctor and hospital to undergo this surgery.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.
Zyoptix is customised lasik surgery.It will correct your refractive error and corneal abberations.
Sometimes your cornea is very thin.In such cases zyoptix cannot be done.Intralase is a better option for thin corneas.You can consult Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX at

Nethradhama Superspeciality Eye Hospital            
(A unit of Nethradhama Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.)

Address:# 256/14, Kanakapura Main Road,
7th Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore-560 082.
Phone      : 080- 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer any furthur queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Is it safe to go for zyoptix intralase surgery for eye? 3 days later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Shah,

Thanks a lot for the reply. The hospital suggested is quite far from the place where i live. I am looking at a hospital near to my place, good and economical one.

Please let me know if Sankara Eye care is good and can be preferred. Please below link for more details about the hospital.
WWW.WWWW.WW
Also please suggest any other good and economical hospitals.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 23 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Sankara eye hospital is a good option.You can contact Dr XXXXXXX or Dr XXXXXXX Balasubramaniam.They will guide you furthur.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Is it safe to go for zyoptix intralase surgery for eye? 10 days later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Shah,

I had done my pre-assessment check with Sankara Eye Hospital for Lasik. The doctor there has advised me to go for PRK looking at the reports...However he still gave me the option to choose from either PRK or Lasik... Please advise which is the best option...

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 30 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Go for PRK.It is much safer.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah