Is it safe to go for medical abortion at 6 weeks of pregnancy?

I have a question about what a doctor would do in a situation where a patient really needed some help. Iwas about 6 weeks pregnant whenever I decided to give up my baby. I never wanted to give it up, but the state in my life I could not have a child especially with the boy who got me pregnant. The father is heavily into drugs and abusive, and the child I want, I want to be able to give it everything with the right partner. I recently got out of this relationship with this man and he has moved three hours away, but I still have a doctors appointment scheduled in which he will be attending to get results. I was thinking of going to the doctor and explaining my situation to him. Possibly telling this guy that I had a miscarriage instead. I understand that it would be lying to him, but I would rather lie and protect myself then get him angry to the point where it is not safe. I believe I did the best thing for my baby. I have so much guilt because of it because it was my stupid mistake of getting pregnant in the first place but no child would be raised right in the situation I got myself into. Please help. I need to know if my doctor can help me.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
I can understand your concern. Since you are only six weeks pregnant, you can go for a medical termination with the help of medicines after consulting your gynecologist.
She should help you under these circumstances.
There are kits for abortion available which you can get on a doctor's prescription. It is best to use these kits under the expert guidance of a gynaecologist as such kits are often associated with complications like excessive bleeding and incomplete abortion.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Is it safe to go for medical abortion at 6 weeks of pregnancy? 6 minutes later
I'm not asking about getting an abortion, I have already had the abortion without seeing a doctor before hand. I'm asking if my doctor would protect me by telling the almost father of the child that I had a miscarriage instead of an abortion. If I tell him about the abortion it would anger him, and like I said, he has a past with abuse. I'm trying to get him out of my life and I believe this would be the best way.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
This entirely depends on your doctor. If she is familiar enough with your circumstances then she might help you. You will have to talk to your directly for this favor.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.