Is it safe to go for gastric bypass surgery with high blood sugar, cholesterol and acid reflex issues?

Question
I am 42 yrs young. I am 5ft 2in tall and weigh 195lbs. I just had m physical and some of my blood work was high like blood sugar and cholestreol . I recently have been having some acid reflex issues. I was wondering if i qualify for gastric by pass surgery
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, If you have been diagnosed with borderline diabetes and high cholesterol and are overweight, I'd suggest to do some lifestyle and diet changes for the first 3 months. After that, if no improvement, can start medication therapy. If still no improvement and there is no other chance, you can go for gastric bypass. However, I strongly suggest to be determined to follow strict lfiestyle and diet changes: - eat often and small portions, slowly, do not rush - do not lay down immediately after eating - use 2 pillows when sleeping - avoid using fatty,sugary,high calories, pickles or processed foods - avoid coffee, alcohol, carbonated drinks - start with light exercises, then, shifte to moderate and aerobic according to your health conditions - keep consultating with your physician for further evaluation - keep monitoring your blood sugar and blood pressure - start using herbal supplements to lower blood sugar and high cholesterol All the abovementioned measures will also help lose weight! All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Is it safe to go for gastric bypass surgery with high blood sugar, cholesterol and acid reflex issues? 2 days later
I have been at my goal for WW. Then had another baby (now 8) and have been back on WW and have not seen the results I have the 1st time. I was also a member of the gym for 6 months with a personal trainer and had NO results from that (Disappointed). I have since been on pescribed pills and lost only 12lbs the whole 3 months on them :(

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below... Detailed Answer: Hi, The very best way to lose weight is gradually through following the right steps, including diet and gym or physical activity. So, what you really need is to be patient and to enjoy the babies you have. I usually advise my patients to fast and drink lots of pure water. That is another way of losing weight. You can fast from the XXXXXXX to sunset without eating or drinking anything. Then, can break fast at the sunset, where should drink lots of water. Some of my patients have had results. You can try it too! All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Is it safe to go for gastric bypass surgery with high blood sugar, cholesterol and acid reflex issues? 17 hours later
Don't get this statement? You can fast from the dawn to sunset without eating or drinking anything. Then, can breakfast at the sunset, where should drink lots of water??

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, This is my own strategy of helping my patients lose weight. I advise them to: - be fasting from XXXXXXX to sunset (whole day with no water and no food) - when they break fast, I ask them to drink water more than eating food. This will keep them from eating too much. Water has no calorie and a natural body-cleanser. In this way, they will eat less and will use the body storage of calories (burning more fat). - the next day, I advise to eat more protein like foods for breakfast (at XXXXXXX meal) and drink water. This could be a supply for the whole day until breaking fast at the sunset. This cycle will repeat for 1 to 3 months. Usually, my patients have good results within the first month. Once again, this is my own strategy to help my overweight patients to lose weight by burning their fat stores and reducing appetite gradually. It is also a proven method to lose weight and keep fit. If you have anything else unclear, please write me back! Dr.Bardha