Is it safe to give egg to a 13 month old child?

I need give egg to my girl kid. she is 13 months old now. please tell me is this a right time to start. If i can start then tell me whether i can start with white or yellow and how much quantity.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later

I appreciate your concern for your baby.

Egg forms an important part of balanced diet and contains XXXXXXX source of proteins,fat,minerals and vitamins. Egg white allergy is one of commonest food allergy in young infants. Child has increased risk of egg allergy if one or both parents have any food allergy, asthma or atopy. I suggest you to start with well cooked egg yolk for few days, and later introduce egg white as well.

You can give it 3 to 4 times a week.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would like to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless.