Is it safe to give a baby injections with pain after doses of painless injections?
User rating for this question
Doctor, my baby is 4 month old. First two doses were painless injections,somehow my doctor this time told me for ordinary injections with pain.. Please let me know whether it is safe to have injections with pain after two doses of painless injections... Does some recent study say that one should not opt for painless injections for baby as these are less effective in long run.. Your advise will be of great help to me...thanks a lot ..
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: IAP recommended this in 2013. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. As per the latest recommendations of Indian Academy of Pediatrics(IAP)-2013, the whole cell pertussis containing DPT combination vaccines(DPwT) are preferred than painless vaccines (DPaT) during the primay doses at 6, 10, and 14 weeks of age. Painless vaccine (DPaT) can be given for booster doses at the age of 18 months and 5 years of age. The regular DPwT vaccines are also safe, but may have some reactions like pain, fever, swelling at injection site which may last for 2 to 3 days. This can be managed by paracetamol drops. Therefore I suggest you to follow your Pediatrician advice as per the latest recommended vaccination schedule. Hope I have answered your quer, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
People also viewed
- My son is suffering from cough please suggest treatment
- My son can not speak kindly help me
- Red blotches on toddlers face
- Pain after dpt injection
- Pain after cortisone injection
- Is this harmful to drink margaritas before breastfeeding
- Fever with red blotches
- Red blotches on hands with fever
- Red blotches in thigh area during winter
- Remedy for injection pain for baby
- Sciatic pain after injection
- Pain after injection
- My mom is vomiting everyday what is the reason
- Side effects for mefthal p syrup
- Rough skin blotch under eye