Is it safe to give Hatric, Nasivion drops and omnacortil for severe cold and blocked ears to child?
User rating for this question
Hello Doctor, my daughter is 4yrs n 4 months old. She had severe cold, cough and fever last week. She also complained of blocked ears. Her ENT advised her Syrup Hatric 3, Nasivion drops for 15 days n syrup omnacortil for 6 days 2.5 ml....3 doses for first 2 days, 2 doses for next 2 days n 1 dose each on last 2 days. We have given this medicine to our daughter 3 times earlier also for glued ear n adenoiditis , first when she was 3 yrs old n last time in Dec 2012. We are really worried to give her steroid again. Please tell us the possible side effects of the drug.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: avoid temp variation, cover the head also and medi Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. Congested throat and recurrent cold is common in children particularly those who don't don't cover themselves with sufficient warm cloths. It is changing season so make sure the child is covered with warm clothes and covers herself with blankets in the night. The medicines your physician has given are good enough. If Hatric is not helping then you can switch to Sinarest. Omnacortil is a steroid that has got many side effects including increase chances of infection, reducing growth potential, raised sugar, hyper tension, headache etc but for duration below 2 weeks there are hardly any side effects. You can continue the present treatment and improve the behavioral factors like insuring that child is covered with warm clothes to protect from excessive temperature variation. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
People also viewed
- Contact severe cold and flu
- Suggest treatment for sever cold and blocked nose
- Treatment for blocked nose severe cold
- Have impaired glucose tolerance what does the reports suggest
- Can amoxicillin cause nausea
- How strong is amoxicillin
- Severe cold and flu medicine
- What causes a cubital lymph node to swell
- Received tdap vaccination two times is this dangerous
- Severe cold and running nose after polio drops
- Propylene glycol allergy symptoms
- Amoxicillin dose otitis media
- Daily allowance of d3
- Suddenly started strong chest congestion how to get relief
- Can oats be given to a 11 month child