Is it safe to give Colimex to a 1.5 month old baby ?

hi.. is it safe to give Colimex to my 1.5 months old baby. I have given her Colicaid thrice today, but she is continously crying since almost 2 hours now.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Is it safe to give Colimex to a 1.5 month old baby ? 2 minutes later
And she is not hungry. She just had her feed. But is still crying. And she is on bottle feed. I am giving her Nan 1..
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query,

I would not consider COLIMEX drops to be safe in 1 and half month old as it is recommended in infants above the age of 6 months.It contains Dicyclomin which has effects on the intestine which can relieve the gaseous abdomen which is the common cause of excessive crying in a 1 or 2 month old.

But the drug also has some other undesired effects on other systems causing side effects like constipation; difficult urination; drowsiness; dryness of mouth, nose, throat, or skin; and restlessness, or irritability.

On the other hand Colicaid drops can be used safe in your baby as it contains Simeticone which acts as an anti-foaming agent and has no side effects.

The cause for excessive crying in your child can be made after examining her in detail ,I would ask you to take her to a pediatrician for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.