Is it safe to give Colimex drops to 2 months old baby? What is the frequency of dosage?

Hi....My baby boy is 2 months old, he is having cold so that six hours before coriminic drop has been given. After giving it he started crying for 1/2 hour. so that doctor gave him Meftal spas due to that he stopped crying and get a sleep for about 3 hrs. Now he woke up and after feeding again started to cry. Doctor recommended him Colimex drop (5 drops). I want to ask whether is it safe to give this drug now...and what is the frequency of dosing of Colimex drop?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. climax is an anti spasmodic. It relieves abdominal pain and can be given safely. You can give it 5 drops twice a day. Burp the child after feeding. It Will help in removing gas from abdomen and relieve pain. let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you
Follow-up: Is it safe to give Colimex drops to 2 months old baby? What is the frequency of dosage? 31 hours later
for my 2 months baby boy can i give some "Ghutti" to him from Dabur or Baidhyanaath of Tambe? What are the Hazards that is associated with such medication? or Can i give some recognized Gripe water, as he is not taking his sleep well due to his Git disturbance
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, please dont give ghuti or any other product. Even medication is not frequently required. The only treatment of most of GI problems of infants is breast milk. Just keep feeding the baby. Dont give anything apart from that not even water. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you