Is it safe to get pregnant after a c section?

May 2013
I am 26years old woman who have given birth to a baby boy on 18th april 2012 by C section and my period dates are as follows 24thmay, 28th XXXXXXX , 25th july , 25th august, 21st september 2012
but today on 4th october i had unprotected sex on the 14th day of my cycle and if i got pregnant
then can i countinue it will my doctor allow it will my utreus will rupture i am overweight and feel and
numbness on the incision area my weight is 75kgs and height is 160 cms should i go for abortion if got pregnant
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later

As you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is possibility for pregnancy.
As it is only 5 months completed after your cesarean section better to avoid pregnancy now as it can lead complications like scar dehiscence.
So better you take the emergency pill like I pill now, which can be taken till 72 hours after the act.
This emergency pill can alter the menstrual cycle depending on the day of the cycle you are taking it.
As you are taking the pill in the middle of the cycle it can prepone or postpone the periods.
If you get the periods early no need to worry, if periods get delayed better to take blood test for pregnancy once to rule out the possibility.
If comes positive you can go for termination or can continue with your doctor's advice, as abortion is also having some amount of risk.
According to your height your weight should be 60kgs, so try to decrease the weight.
As after delivery you are getting the periods regularly now better to use some regular contraceptive method to avoid these things in future.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.