Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it safe to get circumcised? Will there be any problem to veins on penis?

Hi, Im considing getting circumcise. I'm 31 years old and my question is what happen to the viens on my penis because i have lots of it. Is it ok it to be cut off?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 24 minutes later
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
The blood flow towards the penis occurs thro the arteries. Once the oxygen is supplied, the veins take back (what is called the impure) blood away from the penis towards the heart.
There are NERVES which are XXXXXXX seated and do NOT come in the way of surgery, as circumcision is only skin removal around the head of the penis.
Erection process is mainly thro the nerve stimulation, that occurs, when the mind set is appropriate.
Once the mind is set so, the arteries take blood in a jet like fashion towards the penis to get the soft organ UP in to a firm to hard STRUCTURE.
During this process, the veins gets occluded in an attempt to keep the blood in the organ for a long time.
There are enough veins in the penis to take the blood back once the penis gets soft.
The few veins which need to be blocked during the circumcision are too superficial and too small in number to be a cause for worry.
Kindly go ahead with the surgery, if clinically indicated, without any hesitation.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any. If there are no further doubts, kindly rate my answer.

Follow-up: Is it safe to get circumcised? Will there be any problem to veins on penis? 5 minutes later
So those blue viens are no problem, so they are just like spider viens?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Thanks for ur reply.
You are right.
There is no need to worry as ligating these veins have no implication on urination, sexual function or fertility.
Hope this helps.