Is it safe to get a flu shot when I am about to have my period?

Excellent

Question
Is it a good idea to get a flu shot when I am about to have my period? I am 51 years old.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Vaccinations

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
Hi

There is no problem in having the shot at the start of the periods.

A vaccine contains dead or weak antigen which produces antibodies which is saved in our immune system and on re exposure of the same antigen they are activated and kills the antigen.

In dental implant it is not recommend as the immune system is in hyperactive state after the vaccination and the implant may fail by developing hypersensitivity reaction.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Is it safe to get a flu shot when I am about to have my period? 4 hours later
"In dental implant it is not recommend as the immune system is in hyperactive state after the vaccination and the implant may fail by developing hypersensitivity reaction XXXXXXX --> Thus, my dentist gave me correct recommendation to have a flu shot in one month?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Yes, your dentist has given you the correct recommendation. I think you should follow that.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.