Is it safe to fly when suffering from vasculitis in both lower legs?

Is it safe to fly from Sydney to U.K. With a flare up of vasculitis in both lower legs
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about your battle with vasculitis. It is safe to make the trip. Because vasculitis increases the risk of clots formation, it would be advisable to do some in flight exercise like walking, flexing and extending the knees while sitting , so as to avoid being immobile for long. Also, try to stay well hydrated by consuming enough fluids. By so doing you would be reducing the risk of formation of a clot. I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks for utilizing our services, we very much appreciate it. Dr. Ditah, MD.