Is it safe to fly if I have a high triglyceride level?

hi i have a triglyceride level of 570 am i safe to fly
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 28 minutes later

Triglycerides help determine your risk of developing heart disease. A high triglyceride level may lead to atherosclerosis, which increases your risk of heart attack and stroke. A high triglyceride level may also cause inflammation of your pancreas. Persons with a high triglyceride level often have other conditions such as diabetes and obesity that also increase the chances of developing heart disease.
Your levels of Triglycerides are very high. That is you have DYLIPIDEMIA. Taking only Clopidogrel (PLAVIX-75) may not help. You have to start Statins as early as possible. They show their effect after nearly three months.

About your plane journey, if no other medical condition are associated, you could fly. You need to keep moving your limbs if not get up and take a walk frequently (every 20 minutes interval). This prevents the incidents of XXXXXXX vein thrombosis.

This advise is given to you because dyslipidemia is a factor associated with increased risk of XXXXXXX vein thrombosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications, I am available to answer it as well.