Is it safe to fly during the first trimester of pregnancy?

Is it safe to fly during first trimester? I am 6 weeks pregnant, and have on average 1 trip per month.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later

In first trimester, normally we advise not to travel. The reasons are increase risk of abortions in first trimester and morning/ motion sickness. If it is must for you to travel then take precautions like wearing flat sandals, sitting on aisle seat with proximity to wash room, drink lot of fluids. If you have nausea take anti vomiting medicines in consultation with your local doctor. Take folic acid 5 mg per day.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.