Is it safe to father a child with bacterial prostitis?

Infertility Specialist
If i have bactearial prostitis and my wife is preagnant is it safe to have intercourse? Could this harm the child?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get treated before Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Bacterial prostatitis needs to be treated. 2) Please give your semen for culture and sensitivity test. Take antibiotics accordingly after test report. 3) Meanwhile it is not advisable to have intercourse especially if your wife is pregnant. 4) If you trabsmit the infection to wife she could end up in complications like preterm labour. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Is it safe to father a child with bacterial prostitis? 7 hours later
I already gave semen culture and bacteria was found im currently being treated on a 2 week course of antibiotics then to follow up with additional semen anaylisis if my wife and i had intercourse can this cause any harm to the child such as birth deffects or mental health issues?How do i know if she has been infected?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Its good that you have started treatment. Intercourse now might lead to early and premature delivery if your wife gets infected. It wont lead to birth defect or mental defects in child. Hence please avoid intercourse for another month. Regards
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: vaginal swab Detailed Answer: Hi, You can get her vaginal swab for culture from a gynecologist to know if she is infected. Regards