Is it safe to do yoga while suffering from thyroid problem?

hello madam,i talked to u last time for the medicine for the graves disease. I am doin fine with these dosage fiine but my due is on the february gain to my endocriniologit to mumbai.So i might i want ed to know shalll i visit to the endo here in banglore or u r online consultation will do ?Also i wud like u to inform u that i have stopped doing the Yoga soon after i m put on the calcium dosage.I just wanted to ask u has that effect of the tsh level change that has happend3ed last time is because of the yoga or was a Pseudo or like u call PLACEBO effect of the yoga asana? If thats not the case then shud i continue the Yoga ?Also i m planing to rather go for Meditation than Yoga since the Thyroid probelm is more related to the Stress
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: continue same medicines and timely check up. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hi! i remember having consulted you. How are you doing! it is good to know that your thyroid balance is good with the recommended doses. now the protocol is continue same medicines and keep checking your TSH and FT4 every 3 monthly. you can see any endocrinologist in Mumbai or Bangalore or you can mail me the reports. it is perfectly fine. online consultation or Skype consultation is as good as personal chamber consultation. yoga or meditation are all positive energy sources. there are no controlled trials to prove their role in thyroid or anything but being positive energy sources they always do good in everything and anything. they are no substitute for medicines so you can't afford to stop medicines and do only yoga or meditation to cure yourself but definitely they help in improving the overall well being. so i recommend you should continue yoga or meditation or both if you have time along with proper medicines. Regards!