Is it safe to do the hcg diet while on simvistatin, zoloft and imitrex?

is it safe to do the hcg diet while on simvistatin, zoloft, and imitrex (occasionally for migraine)?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

I consider it not safe for you to go on HCG diet if you are on above medications.

HCG diet can result a change in the cholesterol levels (increase free blood cholesterol) and may nullify or disturb the effect of Simvastatin.

HCG diet since involves hormone which has though not serious some effect on the blood vessel dynamics and hence can aggravate the migraines.

I could not think of any interaction between the HCG diet and Zoloft but the above two medication do have interaction.

Hope, I answered your query.