Is it safe to do gym workouts and yoga together or on alternative day?

Is it advisable to do gym workouts and yoga together or Can I do the gym workouts and yoga on alternative day?.

Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Gym workout and yoga can be done on alternate days.I suggest you dont do both together because you body will be in a constant period of stress if you do them consecutively.Its advisable that you fix your days for different kinds of workouts.
You can do yoga on one day,gym another day,cardio another day etc. Or stick with any one. What im saying is,dont combine them on the same day.
Daily exercise is definitely important but along with that, you need to pace yourself.
I dont need to remind you that you need to eat a healthy,balanced diet also.