Is it safe to develop posterior wall fibroids while pregnant?

General Surgeon
hi i am 31 year old F, 2 months pregnant, my first sonography reports shows a posterior wall fibroid measuring 1.2 * .8 cms . i would like to know wether this is safe or do i require some treatment though my doctor is not worried about it.. i also wish to know that this will or not create any issues in later stages of pregnancy..
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 49 minutes later

Small sub serous or intramural fibroid don`t interfere in and with pregnancy.there can be slight increase in size during pregnancy,we are regularly seeing so many cases of fibroid with pregnancy & even normal delivery do occur if size is with in 2-3 cms.Sub mucous fibroid may create some problems in some case.You don`t need any treatment for fibroid & forget it ,there is nothing to worry for such a small fibroid.If delivery is surgical one small sub serous fibroid can be removed during Lower segment Cesarean section.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”