Is it safe to delay femoral popliteal bypass for 6 months?

I have recently had left femoral popliteal bypass (4 weeks) ago. I also have the same blockage in the other leg. Is there any harm in waiting 6 mos. or so before having the other one done.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: A follow up with color doppler can help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. In cases like yours there will different individual outcomes depending on the grade of blockage and collateral circulation that has formed. If at all you wish postpone the operation for few months , you can get a regular doppler study done, this will help you take a informed more justified decision. Keep watch on symptoms like skin discoloration, swelling, numbness, pain on activity, cramps and gangrene like appearance. Hope this helps you. Regards.