Is it safe to consume water melon juice in first trimester of pregnancy?

is Having water melon in first trimester of pregnancy OK?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes you can have it. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Watermelon is actually a great thing to eat while you are pregnant. More than just a pretty pink fruit, juicy watermelon can soothe morning sickness and prevent dehydration in first trimester of pregnancy. The minerals it contains can help prevent third-trimester muscle cramps. It is a rich source of lycopene, an antioxidant that protects against cancer and cardiovascular disease, boosts the body's immunity to infections and decreases the chances of pre eclampsia during pregnancy. It also naturally raises the skin's SPF thus decreasing the skin pigmentation that is usually seen during pregnancy. There are many clinical studies but none of them suggests any harmful effect of watermelon on the growing baby. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL