Is it safe to consume ipill while taking Novelon?

Hi Doctor, I am taking Novelon tablets to regularize my periods. I started taking Novelon on the 5th of XXXXXXX night, which was the 5th day of my last periods. I haven't missed a single tablet so far (though the time I take it varies between 10PM to 1 AM after dinner. On the 14th day of consumption of the tablet (Sat 18th Jan) my fiance and I (did not have sex) but he touched my vagina after he touched his penis. He hadn't ejaculated for sure. Also the last time he did ejaculate was the previous night. However just to be sure I wanted to confirm if I need to consume an I pill or any other emergency contraceptive and if it's safe to consume it while I am having Novelon?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Short Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome and thanks for asking No , you don't have to take an emergency pill as you are already taking OCP'S regularly and you have not missed it. Best wishes Take care
Follow-up: Is it safe to consume ipill while taking Novelon? 10 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doctor. The other thing I forgot to mention is that this is the first time I am taking Novelon or ant OCP's, and I had taken 14 tablets untill 18th XXXXXXX is it still safe enough? Also,when my fiance touched his penis an then touched my vagina, there was pre-cum, but as I mentioned the last time he had ejaculated was the previous day.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Direct answer Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome once again Novelan or any other oral contraceptive is 100% effective if you are taking them regularly.If you have taken it on 18th , 19th , 20th of XXXXXXX then continue with it for the whole month.Some of the pills are started from first day of the cycle so read the instructions written on them. If you taken Novelan from fifth day and you are still continuing it without missing for a single day then you don't have to take an extra pill. Wait and watch for the next period to come. Best wishes