Is it safe to consume alcohol when on Xanax 2 mg?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
After a single dose of a 2mg Xanax prescription, how long does it last and how long should I wait to drink a couple of beers?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Concomitant use isn't recommended... Detailed Answer: Hi i read your query very carefully. Xanax has a pharmacological half life for about 11.2 hours. Also the combination of Xanax 2 mg with alcohol may be fatal. I strongly suugest to stop alcohol while you are on Xanax 2 mg. If you wanna drink something than the best thing you can do is to mis the pill for that day. Hope i answered your query. Dr. Sonila