Is it safe for me to take abortion pill at seven weeks pregnancy? What other options do I have?

I had c-section about 10 months ago- i just found out that i am pregnant- probalbly around 7 weeks now. I want to terminate my pregnancy. Is it safe for me to take abortion pill? If so what other options I have?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 24 minutes later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Medical termination of pregnancy is possible to maximum of 60 days from last menstrual period. but chances of failure increases after 7 weeks of pregnancy.

Drugs should be taken under supervision and followed up with ultrasound scan to rule out any incomplete abortion.

Surgical methods include:
1.Cervical dilatation followed by evacuation of uterus by:
Curettage /Suction evacuation / vacuum aspiration / Dilatation and evacuation
2.Menstrual aspiration

I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the proper management. Never go for self medication, it could be extremely XXXXXXX especially post Cesarean.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any further queries.