Is it possible to pull a muscle in my head? If so, what to do to help heal? If not, what else could it be?

I feel like i pulled a something in the left side of my head. Is it possible to pull a muscle in my head if so what to do to help heal if not what else could it be.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query!

There are several causes of pain on one side of the head. These include migraine, cluster headache, temporal arteritis and pain referred from the neck.

I believe that more information helps a physician come to an accurate diagnosis, I would request you answer the following questions
a. Is the pain associated with any nausea, vomiting or visual disturbances?
b. Is the pain associated with redness of the eyes, teariness of the eyes?
c. Is the area tender?
d. Is the pain increased with movement of the neck?

Till then, you can try Tablet Aspirin 325 mg every 6 hours.

I hope I have answered your query.