Is it possible to postpone periods by taking pills and will it cause side effects in baby when breast feeding?
User rating for this question
Iam a mother of two kids, my age is 30yrs. I need a attend a function on 29th Dec, when my periods are due, Can i have pills to postponed my periods? Iam feeding my 1yr baby will it have any side effects?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: it can be done with daily pills of progestin Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX' Welcome to healthcare Magic! It is possible to postpone periods by taking pills containing progesterone hormone orally daily till you want to postpone periods. Periods can be postponed upto two weeks. You need to take the pill daily. If you have history of diabetes, hypertension, abnormal blood clotting then you must get checked by a physician before taking the pill. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: Is it possible to postpone periods by taking pills and will it cause side effects in baby when breast feeding? 4 minutes later
Will taking tablet have any side effect to my kid as Iam feeding him, he is 1year old
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: safe for nursing mother and baby Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX .... Welcome back. Just forgot to mention that the medicine in pill Is very minuscule dose and can be taken by nursing mothers. Anyways your child is old enough to be fully weaned, start him on sufficient oral diet and rapidly wean off from breastfeeding. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
People also viewed
- Discharge like water from vagina
- Is combipatch bioidentical
- Vaginitis candida albicans
- I pill side effects on periods
- 7 months pregnant lots of discharge
- Missed periods pregnant taking belara pills side effects for health
- Yellow worm like discharge from vagina
- Natural appetite enhancers
- Taking daphne pills weight loss abnormal period side effects
- Take ortho tri-cyclen to postpone periods possible side effects
- Breast augmentation removal
- Liquid discharge upon removing tamppon
- Testosterone anavar cycle
- Side effects of postponing periods deviry
- Lots of slimy vaginal discharge