Is it possible to naturally reduce one's height?

Hi Doc, I am 26 years old and my height is 6 feet 3 inches. Though I consider it a God's gift, is it possible to naturally bring down my height by say 3 inches. I feel i'd be happier at 6 feet. Could sound a frivolous question but would look forward to a reply. Thanks
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shivaprasad C 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in. By 26 yrs epiphyses would have fused. So no more change in height can be expected. Either the leg bones or vertebrae have to become shorter to get your height down. Im afraid both arent possible wothoit side effects. As a corolary many people who get osteoporosis have their vertebrae weakened which crumble resulting in reduced height. But they have mamy side effects like back pain and weakness in lower limbs. This is age related degeneration and hence undesirable. If you put on weight back bones may get compressed resulting in height reductio of upto inch but its unpredicatble and I guess no one wamts to be obese. Of course there aremt XXXXXXX drugs to reduce height at this age and certainly no physiologic, natural way to do so. Many successful men are tall and tall stature is associated with intellectual excellence and prosperity. These are positive aspects of being tall. You have to live with it and wothout any regrets. I wish there was somethimg that could help you
But there isnt any.
Hope this helps.