Is it possible to have sudden unbearable pain in wrist, inner elbow and middle of hand without any injury or weight lifting ?

i am feeling unbearable pain in my wrist and inner elbow , also in middle of hand from over 14 hrs. i didnt get hurt from anywhere and also i did not lift anything heavy
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 43 minutes later

There could be various reasons for this pain.The common possible reasons are

1.Pressure over arm due to either faulty sleeping style
2.Stretching of muscles due to some movement
3.Vascular problem,related to blood circulation
4.Pressure on any nerve at a point

Please look for the following

1.Increase or decrease in pain along with movement
2.Color of nails,red or blue
3.Tingling or heaviness in arm
4.Any visible swelling over arm
5.Difficulty in holding things

Please look for this and write to me again.

Only in case of discoloration of nail see the doctor immediately.In rest of the cases please apply some local analgesic cream having Diclofenac on it.Do not rub much,just apply it lightly.

You can also take analgesic tablet like Dolo 500 mg one tablet if pain increases, take it one hour after meals.Do not lift heavy weight,avoid pressure on arm.You can tie a crepe bandage on the painful area if you have one.

I hope this answers your query,still in case of more query you can write to me again.