Is it possible to have positive results in pregnancy test psot miscarriage with rise HCG levels ?

I was told I had a miscarriage on the second of this month. Since then my HCG levels have rised and I've had numrous postive pregnancy test. Is it possible that I'm still pregnant or that this is a new pregnancy?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Usually after a miscarriage the normal HCG levels(<5.0 mIU/ml that is of the non pregnant stage) take 4 to 6 weeks to return to normal after a pregnancy loss. It is also important that how the loss occured whether it was a D&C/spontaneous miscarriage/abortion etc and what was the HCG litre at that time.

But if the levels are rising continuoously then it is something unusual and requires evaluation. Nothing interferes with HCG except if you are on any medications.

Consider getting a Transvaginal USG recommended by your doctor which would give a clear picture whether the abortion is completed or not.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.