Is it possible to have leukemia without any usual symptoms?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
Hi, can a 43 year old guy have leukemia without any of the usual symptoms? What about liver and pancreatic cancer?

Ty
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, he can have leukemia

Detailed Answer:
hi
thanks for your query.
Leukemia is often insidious and the typical symptoms like fever, fatigue, bleeding are often absent. Sometimes it is diagnosed on a routine blood test. What type of leukemia is he having? The chronic types, as against acute ones, are even more insidious.
Liver and pancreatic cancer are usually associated with symptoms like pain, weight loss, jaundice, low appetite, etc. However, they may also be insidious.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.

Follow-up: Is it possible to have leukemia without any usual symptoms? 2 minutes later
He isn't having any symptoms of leukemia .. I'm just wondering if it's possible and what the odds are of it just showing up

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Odds very low

Detailed Answer:
Leukemia is a rare disease in the population. Don't think of it just like that.

Follow-up: Is it possible to have leukemia without any usual symptoms? 1 hour later
So I shouldn't worry about it? I hope you're right - I'm losing sleep over this.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should not worry about it

Detailed Answer:
Hope this has helped. If you do not need any other clarifications then please close this query and give feedback.