Is it possible to have indigestion, nausea, and bloating with UTI?

Is is possible to have indigestion, nausea, and bloating with a UTI? I was diagnosed with one today, and have had all of these symptoms. I also had a negative pregnancy test 29 days after genital contact, and I am on the pill. Could the above symptoms be something else? Can I trust this negative pregnancy test?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 days later
Brief Answer: UTI is no related... Detailed Answer: Hi, Indigestion, nausea and bloating is obviously not related to urinary tract infection. Simple urinary infection symptoms are restricted to increased frequency of urination, pain/burning sensation while passing urine, lower abdominal pain and fever. Indigestion, nausea and abdominal bloating is usually secondary to GERD, stress and intestinal causes. If you strongly suspect pregnancy and have missed your period, you can recheck urine pregnancy test. Two negative home pregnancy test is almost 100% evidence of negative pregnancy. So do not be worried. If indigestion symptoms are still troubling, try a brief course of proton pump inhibitor such as prilosec OTC for a week or two. Avoid all spicy food and beverages. Include early morning exercises to your daily activity schedule. You should feel better soon. Let me know if you have any other concerns now. Regards