Is it possible to have an appendicitis attack after gall bladder removal?

is it possible to have an appendicitis attack after your gal bladder has been removed?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is possible. Detailed Answer: hello Welcome to HCM! I have read your question carefully and from that I can see that you have already undergone few surgeries and are suffering from HCV, HPV and some disc problems. You he have asked of you can have appendicitis after removing gall bladder. The answer to your question is -- Yes, it is possible. The gallbladder and appendix are different organs, and any one can develop an appendicitis, any time after gall bladder has been removed or not removed. It might happen that due to some already lying infection or some immune problem, after a recent gall bladder surgery, one may become prone to developing appendicitis. So, if doctor has reported that it is appendicitis, then it is very much possible. The type of surgeries which the patients has already undergone had been major ones, and appendicitis is very minor in front if them, so, please donot worry so much. I can understand that it is difficult for you. Hope the reply is useful feel free to ask more questions Dr. Manisha Gopal