Is it possible to have an abdominal pregnancy and not able to hear the heartbeat?

Im having symptoms of pregnancy, even down to the fetal movements, but my blood and urine test keep coming back negative. I think i have an abdominal pregnancy, is it possible to have an abdominal pregnancy and the baby is lying in a way that you can't feel him or hear the heartbeat? I haven't had a MRI or cat scan done yet. Should i request for one to receive a definite answer? What are all symptoms of an abdominal pregnancy? I have gained 30 lbs in 8 months, and doctors have ruled out thyroid or hormone issues.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Even in abdominal or tubal pregnancy the blood and urine test show positive.The urine and Blood HCG estimation is the gold standard to diagnose pregnancy.

If the urine and blood tests are negative then I am sure it cannot be due to pregnancy ,the symptoms you are facing.

A ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis will help to identify the cause of the symptoms you are having.Do go for it as soon as possible.

Abdominal pregnancy or tubal pregnancy usually cannot survive more than 8 weeks and get aborted intra-abdominally causing sudden emergency.Fetal movements in normal pregnancy are seen at around 20th week.Hence the movements you are feeling may not be due to foetal movements.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.